Student Services Mission
Provide all students with opportunities to achieve their highest potential, providing supports to enhance academic performance and social/emotional wellbeing, as students learn to become proud, confident, and lifelong learners in a continually changing global society.
The ISM Academic Advisor provides a safe, caring environment and offers information, guidance, and support to:
- Assist students to develop positive and caring attitudes towards all individuals, while teaching students to highlight and appreciate their personal attributes
- Provide education and guidance in the areas of self-awareness, self-empowerment, and prevention
- Help students make conscience, responsible, and healthy decisions through interactive learning in communication and interpersonal skills, conflict resolutions, coping strategies, and academic and organization skills.
- Provide guidance lessons to promote academic excellence and social/emotional wellbeing.
- Collaborate with students, parents, and teachers to identify support needs that may enhance academic performance and social/personal wellbeing.
- Provide transition supports.
Academic Support Interventions
Student Support Teams ~ Collaboration with teachers, parents, and students (depending on grade/age) to develop student support plans.
Special Education Services ~ Consult with students, teachers, parents, and ISM's contracted special education services provider, as may be necessary to facilitate additional academic support options for students who may qualify for special education services.
Community Resources and Referrals ~ Academic and community resource information is available outside of the academic advisor office or by contacting the academic advisor.
Last updated September 22, 2014 by Academic Advisor